Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Anna's birthday and "Etoile de la semaine," October 2012

Anna invited the neighbor girls over to make necklaces and leaf crowns on her birthday.
 
 
 
 Happy birthday, dear Anna!
 Grandma and Grandpa came over right before church the next day.
Anna was "Etoile de la semaine" or "Star of the Week" in her class the next week.
Austin and Sarah and I got to help Anna present her poster to the class.  It shows some of her favorite things.  Her favorite colors are red and orange.  She likes mermaids.  Her favorite foods are corn dogs and hot dogs.  Her favorite animal is a bird.  She wants to be a ballerina when she grows up.  She said something special about her is she likes everyone at school.  
The children were allowed to ask her questions.  One little girl raised her hand and said, "Who's your best friend?"  Anna paused a moment and then said, "You are, Audrey!!"  We read Anna's current favorite book with the class, "Barbie Loves Pets."  Austin and I were so proud of our Boo.

I had to take a picture of our front door.  After a big round of salesmen at the door during nap time one week, I said, "We ought to make a sign that says, 'No soliciting.'"  The kids were very intrigued and made their own.  It reminded me of signs on the Winnie the Pooh movies.

No comments: